Fill a Bag, Fill a Bus 2023 Recap: Thank you, Chicago!
Last Wednesday and Thursday, May 17 and 18th, CW26 and MeTV FM held the 'Fill a Bag, Fill a Bus' food drive. You came out to local Jewel-Oscos in Chicagoland and donated enough food to fill a CTA bus and provided over 162,000 meals to the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
That’s over 10 times the amount of meals we raised in December!
Thanks to our partners: Jewel-Osco, the Greater Chicago Food Depository, the CTA, and Butcher Boy Cooking Oils. Special thanks to our 'Fill a Bag, Fill a Bus' spokesperson, Steve Wilkos, who was on hand Wednesday to encourage donations and greet fans. If you didn’t get a chance to meet Steve, you can see him weekdays at 10A on CW26, and weeknights at 6P on The U.
If you couldn’t make it out, check out these exclusive photos from the event!
- Location: 4650 W. 103rd St. Oak Lawn
- Steve Wilkos and George Blaise hype everyone up for the food drive!
- Steve and George talk with Camerin from the Greater Chicago Food Depository
- Steve with our sponsor, Butcher Boy Cooking Oils
- Butcher Boy Cooking Oils presents us with a $50,000 check to the Greater Chicago Food Depository!
- Wrapping up day 1
- Location: 7525 W. Lake St. River Forest
- Filling a bag
- Filling the bus
- George announces the last call for donations
- One last group pic to end the day
- Our CTA bus filled to the brim!