Having TV Trouble? Rescan Your TV!
Attention antenna television viewers - if you are experiencing issues watching television then it is time for you to rescan your TV!
Today many of the local Chicago television stations will move to a new broadcast frequency. If you use an antenna to watch CW26 (26.1), The U (48.1 & 26.2), MeTV (23.1 & 26.3), H&I (26.4 & 23.2), Bounce (26.5), Decades (48.4 & 26.6) and Start TV (48.2), you will need to do a simple rescan to watch your favorite entertainment programs, local news and sports without interruption.
How do I rescan my television?
Rescanning is a simple process. All you need is your TV remote and these general steps to guide you through the process.
1. Using your television's remote control, press the Menu or Settings option.
Note: a "Smart TV" may have a smart button that must be used to access the settings menu. It will generally have the manufacturer's logo on it.
2. Locate Channels or Tuner Set Up option.
3. Check the menu for an option of Antenna Type or Connection Type followed by either Antenna or Cable.
4. Make sure that the designated setting is Antenna
5. From the menu, choose Digital Channel Search (based on the manufacturer, alternate choices may include Channel Scan, Channel Search or Auto program.)
6. Allow the TV to complete the search. During the search, you will see a bar listing how many channels have been found.
7. Once complete, confirm the menu prompt, then press an exit or quit option.
NOTE: All TV manufacturers differ, so menu options, wording, and other items may vary. The best way to complete the channel scan is to refer to the TV owner's manual.